skillful, compassionate support & healing
for children, parents, teens & families
Does your family have extra challenges because of adoption and pre-adoption history, attachment problems, foster care, divorce, trauma, or other complications? I work with children, teens, and parents who are struggling with issues most families don’t have to deal with—issues like abandonment, abuse, and neglect, exposure to domestic or community violence, insecure attachment/RAD, child/teen anxiety and depression, out-of-control behavior, and post-traumatic stress.
When parents feel frustrated, overwhelmed, or scared of what the future might hold for their child, therapy can help restore hope, promote attachment, develop new skills and new understanding, and return children to a healthy developmental trajectory. What’s overwhelming becomes manageable, enhancing family relationships and functioning.
In my therapy practice I specialize in:
- Adoption: domestic & international, same-race & transracial, fost-adoption, normal challenges & special situations, pre-adoption trauma/abuse/neglect/orphanage care/multiple placements, homeland visit preparation & support, search & reunion preparation & support
- Families of all kinds: traditional & nontraditional, adoptive, ART, blended, divorced, foster, LGBTQ, multicultural/multiracial, single-parent, transracial, etc.
- Parent coaching & support
- Trauma/complex trauma/developmental trauma/PTSD: children (including early childhood), teens, parents
- Domestic violence survivors
- Emotional, physical & sexual abuse survivors
- Pre-adoptive parents: infertility & beyond, infant & older child adoption preparation
I am keenly aware of and experienced in the transformative potential of parenting.
I believe that the normal and predictable challenges of growing up adopted are not pathological.
I am sensitive to multicultural issues as well as racial, religious, sexual, and gender diversity.
My work is compassionate and respectful.
I invite you to explore my website to find out more about me and my approach as well as the services I provide. If any of the issues above resonate with you, please give me a call at (415) 857-2586 to set up a free initial phone consultation to find out how we might work together to help you, your children, and your family thrive.